So, with that, I am going to walk you through how to disable this function from your facebook wall. The draw is that facebook says they will help you find friends so many are thinking, hey, sounds great. Problem is then facebook has access to all your contacts. Not so good.
TURNING OFF FRIEND FINDER:
- First, you need to log in to your facebook account. This is simply, just go to facebook like you always do.
- Make sure you are on the "Home" page (top right corner of your wall - first tab).
- Next, look to the left side of the page, near the top and click on "Friends" (about the fourth in the list).
- Now, click on "Find Friends".
- Click on the BLUE Letters that say "Learn More" under "Find Friends".
- Now click on the BLUE letters that say visit "This Page".
- FINALLY, click on the large BLUE button saying, "Remove".
- A message will come up saying it is removing all imported contacts. Now you are done.